Tuesday, July 21, 2015

It's Tuesday and I have been in Asheville NC for a few days.  North Carolina is beautiful, lush, and Asheville is relatively progressive.  There are so many natural food stores here with an abundance of organic foods.  It is heartening as a cook to be able to purchase wholesome foods with such little effort!

As it is July, hot and sticky, I have found that making and eating wraps is the perfect alternative to using the oven or stovetop. Any number of things can be added.  For myself, I stuff it with salad greens (and I mean stuff it!) a little Veganaise, and whatever protein one wishes.  Recently I chose the canned organic Adzuke beans (a couple of tablespoons full) and adding broccoli sprouts to make a fine wrap.  I have also used various hummus products that are tasty too.  I use the larger spinache wraps so the sides can be tucked in.  Salad dressings could be used instead of the Veganaise, and tomatoes, cucumbers are a nice touch too, adding enough moisture to keep the experience moist and refreshing.

When I learn how to size photos, I promise to begin adding them!  Meanwhile, eat well and keep in good health.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for taking care of us on retreat.
    Is it possible to sign up and receive notification of your next blog?

    Enjoy the remaining days of the summer.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete